Friday, April 13, 2012
Trick of the Trade
So we have all heard that eating breakfast is the most important meal of the day, since it helps fuel your body for the rest of the day. Well I don't know about everyone else but I find it hard to cook something at like 4am when you are used to getting up at a much later time. So most of the time I will go without breakfast before hunting and this tends to lead to problems. It is much easier to fall asleep when you are out in the stand and also if your body does not have enough sugars it will start to make you feel sick which will shorten up your time that you stay out in the stand. Well I have had this happen to me and I radioed my dad to tell him that I was getting out of my stand to go back to the truck and go back to sleep till he got there so I could feel better. Well his response was did you eat breakfast? So of course I said no, to which he said well come down here and get some hard candy it will make your brain think that it is getting fed and will make you feel better till we get done hunting. Thank god he did this for me because not even an hour after I got back to my stand a big based 13 pointer walked five yards from my stand and now he is hanging on my wall. So now I have learned my lesson and bring hard candy out with me just in case something like that were to happen again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment