I won't lie the best time that I have spent hunting was out with my dad and grandpa. It's nice to be out there in the woods doing something we all enjoy. This past hunting season my dad and I set a goal to help grandpa shoot a bigger buck than he has in the past. We both agreed that if anything of decent size is walking towards the hunting shed where grandpa was sitting to let it walk by and wait for him to shoot at it before we took our shots at anything. Well I was sitting in my stand about 300 yards away from my dad and grandpa, when a nice buck came out of the woods and started walking over towards where dad and grandpa were. I gave grandpa and dad a call to let them know it was coming and eventually I heard a shot then saw nothing but a white tail go running over the hill. Well later on that season our land lord was out driving around and spotted a monster buck and gave grandpa a call to let him know there was one on his other field. Well he got out of the shed rode the four wheeler to his truck then drove over to the field that the buck was at. He grabbed his gun loaded it on the walk and put the cross hairs on the buck, pulled the trigger and hit the buck at 100 yards square in the heart. Dad and I rushed over to see my grandpa pull one of the biggest bucks that have ever came off the land lord's land. His buck weight 205 lbs field dressed and was a big 9 pointer. Needless to say it was one of grandpa's happiest days hunting.
No comments:
Post a Comment