Sunday, March 25, 2012

Those Dang Squirrels

Is it just me or do the squirrels bother every hunter in the woods?  It seems that when I am out hunting in the morning everything it perfect until the squirrels wake up.  Once those little tree rats wake up it seems like the nice peaceful timber is just about as loud as a highway.  Alright I maybe over exaggerating there but still they always run around trampling through all the leaves and mach 1 making so much noise.  Heaven forbid they see you move in your treestand, because then they will climb a tree near you and continuously bark at you until they feel satisfied or something else distracts them.  I have finally got good enough with my bow to shoot them while I am in the stand, and since this is quiet it does not affect my hunting.  And since squirrel season is going on the same time deer season is it is perfectly legal to kill them.  Now if you hunt in an area where squirrels are not present then you should really consider yourself a lucky person since you have no idea how much of a nuisance these creatures really are!  And to all you people who think these animals are cute, try sitting out in a quiet area where there are squirrels and good luck doing this because there is no such thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment