Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cover Sent or No?

Some people live and die by the use of scents when it comes to hunting, cover scents are a big factor in those scents.  A cover scent allows you to spray your clothes with something that smells like the natural surrounding,I my self use timber floor (aka dirt).  This allows the hunter to attempt to blend into their surroundings making it less likely for the deer to pick up the human scent in the wind.  I myself use just the spray on scent when it comes to cover, but they also make cover scent shampoo, soap, and even toothpaste.  That seems to go a little to the extreme for hunting since most of the time the body is covered with some kind of clothing that the spray can be directly applied to and this will do just fine.  Now other people say that cover sent is just a waste of money, and I can see where their argument lies.  Most of the people I have encountered that said this were mainly gun hunters, where the deer do not come in near as close than in bow hunting.  To them I could see how cover sent is potentially a waste of money since by the time the deer comes with in distance to smell you if the wind is calm they should already have a bullet through them and on the ground.  But for the bow hunter where being hidden is the main objective smelling like the surroundings is a big advantage to the hunter and put them one step closer to bagging a deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment