Friday, February 24, 2012
Falling asleep in the stand
We have all done it, woke up nice and early so we can get out to our stand in hopes of seeing that buck of a lifetime to walk in front of you only to fall asleep in the stand I am not quite sure how it works but it happens to me a lot. I am always pumped to go out and get to my stand nice and early but once I am sitting in the stand and everything has settled down my eyes start to get heavy and the eventually the sleep comes over me like a blanket. Luckily I am always wearing a harness to make sure I do not fall out of my tree but it still scares me to fall asleep in my tree. One way that I have found to counter this is to eat a healthy breakfast before going out to the stand this helps give your body energy to run off of and then you will be less likely to snooze in the tree. Also when you know that you will be going out hunting the next day be sure to go to bed earlier than usual, I am mainly talking to the younger generation here, a good night sleep will help you stay awake longer in the tree. But like I said we have all had this happen to us at some point or another and is not an uncommon thing to have happen. Stay awake, because you never know what could be walking by you when you are sleeping. Happy Hunting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment