Sunday, February 26, 2012

Bow hunting is where it's at!

Although I enjoy the thrill of hunting with a gun, the most exciting hunt I have ever been on is with my bow.  The deer are able to get much closer and adds more of a challenge to the sport of hunting.  Instead of being able to easily take a deer down at fifty yards like you could with a gun you have to be much more patient with the deer when using bow and arrow.  Take more time to study the patterns of the deer in your area if you are able to find the trails that are being used by the bucks and what are being used by the doe then you will be able to greatly increase your chances of harvesting a deer with a bow.  I personally spent three years hunting with my bow before I was ever able to harvest any buck with it.  I finally was proficient with it after three years of practicing and harvesting doe that when the opportunity knocked to harvest a big buck I was nothing but confident.  Allowing a deer to come within ten yards as I did that day is a very risky chance since at that close the slightest movement can spook the deer and the shot opportunity will be lost.  After being drawn on the animal for five minutes a shot was finally presented by the massive thirteen point buck at five yards, and as the saying goes practice makes perfect I released my shot and with in seconds had a downed deer and now a wall hanger.  If you enjoy an adrenaline rush and have a place to hunt get a bow and arrow and get out there and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment