Monday, February 20, 2012
Don't mess up!
Most hunters make some very common mistakes while deer hunting. Failure to scout is the main one, even if you have been hunting the same spot for years you still need to get out there before the season starts and observe what is going on. I can honestly say that I fail to scout ever year, it is just so hard to get out there before the season starts to observe what is going on. Just like I said before you have to be good with the weapon you are hunting with. Knowing the limits of your weapon is a must, if you are not comfortable with the weapon you are using then how are you supposed to be able to kill the animal quickly? Without patience though hunting would be impossible, hunting is a big game of waiting for something to walk into your line of sight. It is not guaranteed to see something every time you go out, so be ready to to be patient. Now many hunters really mess up when calling or using scents. I can safely say that calling and using scents is not a problem for me, I do not call too often if at all really and as for scents I only use a cover scent. Some people have a tendency to over call though and this spooks the deer, most of those people also think the more attractant scent you have the better but this tends to spook the deer as well because it is unnatural. For me though the biggest thing you could do wrong is use cheap, poorly made equipment when hunting. I would not go to Wal-Mart to buy a scope for my deer gun, those scopes are too cheap and can not handle the amount of force that a shotgun puts on the scopes. When looking for equipment I am not saying that you need to go out and buy the most expensive equipment but you do need to do your research to find what equipment is best and what can be avoided. Hopefully me pointing out some of the errors I have made and some other hunters I know have made will help you in becoming a better hunter. Good Luck Hunting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment