Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hunting from where?

There are many ways you can hunt, I personally favor the tree stand but there are many other ways to hunt.  People hunt out of tree stands, ground blinds, sheds, and on the ground.  Hunting out of a stand allows you advantage because it puts you our of the deer's line of sight.  Allowing you to be able to maneuver around slightly more than any of the others I listed.  It gives you a wide range of view and nothing is constricting you down.  I personally hunt out of stand that is anywhere from 10 to 30 feet off the ground to assure that I stay out of the line of sight.  Ground blinds offer you a more direct, straight on view of what is going on.  Ground blinds though only allow you to see what the deer sees and puts you on the level of the deer.  Since you are completely surrounded by a canvas you are not easily seen but if you do not give the deer time to get used to the blind you will spook them, also being surrounded by the canvas limits your line of sight.  Hunting out of the shed allows you slightly more mobility since you can easily move the shed in a field closer to where the deer are moving.  Like the ground blind though you are completely sealed in and can not get a good 360 degree view of what is going on and have a chance of letting things slip by you.  Hunting on the ground out in the open gives you the opportunity to see what the deer sees but you are at a major disadvantage.  Since deer have such great eye sight and usually run the same path they will notice if something is out of the ordinary.  You sitting next to a tree will be very obvious to the deer and chances are it will spook and run away.  Out of what I listed I prefer using a tree stand because it puts you at the greatest advantage of being able to harvest a deer.  It gives you the greatest view of your surroundings and keeps you out of sight for the most part of the deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment