Tuesday, February 21, 2012

One of the Happiest days of my life

I remember when I first started going out and sitting in the tree with my dad how excited I was to be out there.  To see the animals waking up and and moving around excited me to no end, but then I got to see what was so spectacular about hunting.  I wasn't even the one to shoot the buck but my adrenaline was flowing strong and hard to hear the gun shot and then to see the buck laying there triggered something deep down and made me want to be out there more.  I finally got my chance when I was 13 when my dad finally let me go out hunting with him after I completed my hunter's safety course.  I was so excited to finally get a chance to shoot my first deer and I didn't care what it was it could have been a small fawn and I would have been happy.  We went out early in the morning my dad with his Mossberg 500 and I had a Remington 870 express that I was borrowing from my uncle.  I had a small buck walk with in five yards of me a little before legal shooting time and I was so depressed that I didn't get a shot at it.  It was a good thing I didn't get a shot off at that buck because my dad and I went back out later that afternoon and had an opportunity of a lifetime.  A huge 10 point buck came out of the timber next to us while we were in the process of talking.  He walked with in thirty yards of me and my dad and I got a chance to take this big buck.  I was so nervous I missed my first shot and hit him through the liver and hit the heart with my second shot, he went about 20 more yards and fell over.  I was so excited I about jumped right out of the tree stand that was 20 feet off the ground and ran over to the buck.  That day will be one of the most memorable days of my life because I got to take a dream buck for my first deer ever and I did it with my family which means the world to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment