Sunday, February 19, 2012

Safe Hunting

Many think very little of hunting safely.  I personally take safety very seriously when I am out hunting.  When I am in my tree stand I always wear a harness, I would rather be uncomfortable than be dead or paralyzed.  I would honestly say that a safety harness is a must.  Also if you are hunting with another person you must always be completely aware of where that other person is at all times.  You do not want to take a shot on an animal without knowing the background, no animal is worth the life of a friend or family member!  Nothing helps defend my case more than an article from Fox 17 about a Michigan man killing his brother in a hunting accident.    A brother and some of his friends went to go do a quick hunt on some deer that were crossing an open pasture very frequently.  The brother shot at and missed a deer not knowing his brother was out in the area.  The brother never came home and was found with a bullet hole in the head.  This is definitely a backs my strong feelings of safety while hunting.  I would say wear a safety harness to help keep yourself in your tree and ALWAYS know the background of where you are hunting.  If you do not know where your friends and/or family are do not take a shot, its not worth killing someone.  Thanks for reading and just remember hunt safely!

http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox17-deer-hunter-shot-and-killed-in-mecosta-county-20111116,0,4310380.story

No comments:

Post a Comment